Welcome to Otto! We are excited to have you here. Click below on the English, Spanish, or Arabic flyers to get more information on the transition to Otto Middle School.
- Purchase School Supplies and Fine Arts Supplies as specified by your child's Fine Art Teacher.
- Order PTA Membership for 2023 - 2024 school year
- Purchase Spirit wear. Additional spirit wear will be unveiled in the fall and sold first come first serve at Ready Set Otto.
- Yearbooks are sold during the fall, so be sure to purchase yours!! (Link posted after school starts)
- Be sure to subscribe to the calendars on the PTA website to get easy up to date access to the PTA, School, and PISD events.
- You can't walk your child into the school on their first day. Be ready to wave bye at the Bus Stop, your front door, or when they get out of the car at the carpool line.
- The school doors open at 7:45 and the tardy bell rings at 8:25. If you are not in the carpool line before 8:15 your child might be tardy. On rainy days and the first week of school, allow 5-10 extra minutes to get through the carpool line. Pull all the way to the front of the carpool line before you stop and drop off your child to help keep the carpool line moving.
- Kids are allowed down the classroom hallways at 8:15. Kids who arrive before then are monitored in the general hallways or the cafeteria.
- Kids can have phones during lunch and after school. Otherwise they need to be turned off and stored away.
- Lunch is during 4th or 5th period and is either at the start, middle, or end of that period. They can bring or buy their lunch. To add money to their lunch account or review menus, use the SchoolCafe application.
- Kids are not required to dress out for P.E. if they are already wearing appropriate clothing.
- Lockers will likely be available (stay tuned), but many kids find it easier to take their supplies with them in their backpack since classes can be on vastly different hallways.
- At school events the parking lot can get pretty full. It's ok to utilize the parking lot at the church across the street, but be careful crossing North Star! The parking lot behind the school is great to use for events, but avoid it for after school pickup as it can get pretty crowded because of the busses.
- Your child will get a photo id badge and colored lanyard that they will need to wear each day. If they forget their badge they can purchase a temporary one at the office for 50 cents. If the lose their badge they can purchase a new one for $5. Also the lanyard color indicates the student's grade, so don't replace it with a personalized one.
- If you need to pick up your child early from school, the office will check your photo ID and then send for your student to meet you in the atrium.
As Otto parents we want you to feel as ready as you can when your child walks through the doors into Middle School, so don't hesitate to reach out.